Hiren’s BootCD is a bootable CD which contains number of System Diagnostic and maintainance program. It can be used to Boot your system if you Operating system is corrupted and not responding. This CD contains several tools including disk cloning and imaging tools, MBR tools, partitioning agents, data recovery tools, system performance benchmarks, BIOS tools, and Several more which can be used to fix your problems. Several tools contained on Cd does the same thing but they are included on CD to provide users with number of choice and UI options.
Here is a list of tools which are included on the CD —
- Partition Saving : A tool to backup/restore partitions. (SavePart.exe).
- COPYR.DMA Build0: A Tool for making copies of hard disks with bad sectors.
- ImageCenter (Drive Image 2002): Best software to clone hard drive.
- Norton Ghost : Similar to Drive Image (with usb/scsi support).
- Acronis True Image : Create an exact disk image for complete system backup and disk cloning.
- DriveImageXML : backup any drive/partition to an image file, even if the drive is currently in use.
- Drive SnapShot : creates an exact Disk Image of your system into a file while windows is running.
- Ghost Image Explorer : to add/remove/extract files from Ghost image file.
- DriveImage Explorer: to add/remove/extract files from Drive image file.
- WhitSoft File Splitter : a Small File Split-Join Tool.
- Express Burn: CD/DVD Burner Program to create and record CDs/DVDs, also create/burn .iso and .nrg images.
- Smart Driver Backup: Easy backup of your Windows device drivers (also works from PE).
- Double Driver : Driver Backup and Restore tool.
- DriverBackup!: Another handy tool to backup drivers.
- Partition Magic Pro: Best software to partition hard drive.
- Acronis Disk Director : Popular disk management functions in a single suite.
- Paragon Partition Manager : Universal tool for partitions.
- Partition Commander : The safe way to partition your hard drive, with undo feature.
- Ranish Partition Manager : a boot manager and hard disk partitioner.
- The Partition Resizer : move and resize your partitions in one step and more.
- Smart Fdisk : a simple harddisk partition manager.
- SPecial Fdisk : SPFDISK a partition tool.
- eXtended Fdisk : XFDISK allows easy partition creation and edition.
- GDisk : Complete replacement for the DOS FDISK utility and more.
- Super Fdisk : Create, delete, format partitions drives without destroying data.
- Partition Table Editor : Partition Table and Boot Record Editor.
- EASEUS Partition Master : Partition Resize/Move/Copy/Create/Delete/Format/Convert, Explore, etc.
- Active Partition Recovery : To Recover a Deleted partition.
- Active Uneraser : To recover deleted files and folders on FAT and NTFS systems.
- Ontrack Easy Recovery Pro : To Recover data that has been deleted/virus attack.
- Winternals Disk Commander : more than just a standard deleted-file recovery utility.
- TestDisk 6: Tool to check and undelete partition.
- Lost & Found : a good old data recovery software.
- DiyDataRecovery Diskpatch : An excellent data recovery software.
- Prosoft Media Tools : Another excellent data recovery software with many other options.
- PhotoRec : File and pictures recovery Tool.
- Winsock 2 Fix for 9x: to fix corrupted Winsock2 information by poorly written Internet programs.
- XP TCP/IP Repair : Repair your Windows XP Winsock and TCP/IP registry errors.
- Active Undelete 5.5: a tool to recover deleted files.
- Restoration : a tool to recover deleted files.
- GetDataBack for FAT : Data recovery software for FAT file systems.
- GetDataBack for NTFS : Data recovery software for NTFS file systems.
- Recuva : Restore deleted files from Hard Drive, Digital Camera Memory Card, usb mp3 player…
- Partition Find and Mount : Partition Find and Mount software is designed to find lost or deleted partitions.
- Unstoppable Copier : Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data.
- System Speed Test : it tests CPU, harddrive, etc.
- PC-Check : Easy to use hardware tests.
- Ontrack Data Advisor : Powerful diagnostic tool for assessing the condition of your computer.
- The Troubleshooter : all kind of hardware testing tool.
- PC Doctor : a benchmarking and information tool.
- CPU/Video/Disk Performance Test : a tool to test cpu, video, and disk.
- Test Hard Disk Drive : a tool to test Hard Disk Drive.
- Disk Speed: Hard Disk Drive Speed Testing Tool.
- S&M Stress Test : cpu/hdd/memory benchmarking and information tool, including temperatures/fan speeds/voltages.
- IsMyLcdOK (Monitor Test) : Allows you to test CRT/LCD/TFT screens for dead pixels and diffective screens.
RAM (Memory) Testing Tools
- GoldMemory : RAM Test utility.
- Memtest86+ : PC Memory Test.
- MemTest : a Memory Testing Tool.
- Video Memory Stress Test : a tool to thoroughly test your video RAM for errors and faults.
Hard Disk Tools
- Seagate Seatools Graphical
- SeaTools for Dos
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG)
- Maxtor PowerMax
- Maxtor amset utility
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL)
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG)
- Samsung The Drive Diagnostic Utility (ESTOOL)
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool
- Gateway GwScan
- ExcelStor’s ESTest
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic
- HDD Regenerator : to recover a bad hard drive.
- HDAT2 : main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for detected devices.
- Ontrack Disk Manager : Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor : a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor : a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Hard Disk Sentinel : Hard Disk health, performance and temperature monitoring tool.
- Active Kill Disk : Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- SmartUDM : Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria : a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics.
- HDD Erase : Secure erase using a special feature built into most newer hard drives.
- HDD Scan : This is a Low-level HDD diagnostic tool, it scans surface find bad sectors etc.
- HDTune : Hard disk benchmarking and information tool.
- Data Shredder : A tool to Erase disk and files (also wipe free space) securely.
System Information Tools
- PCI and AGP info Tool : The PCI System information & Exploration tool.
- System Analyser : View extensive information about your hardware.
- Navratil Software System Information : High-end professional system information tool.
- Astra : Advanced System info Tool and Reporting Assistant.
- HWiNFO : a powerful system information utility.
- PC-Config : Complete hardware detection of your computer.
- SysChk : Find out exactly what is under the hood of your PC.
- CPU Identification utility : Detailed information on CPU (CHKCPU.EXE).
- CTIA CPU Information : another CPU information tool.
- Drive Temperature : Hard Disk Drive temperature meter.
- PC Wizard : Powerful system information/benchmark utility designed especially for detection of hardware.
- SIW -05-12: Gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings.
- CPU-Z : It gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.
- PCI 32 Sniffer : device information tool (similar to unknown devices).
- Unknown Devices : helps you find what those unknown devices in Device Manager really are.
MBR (Master Boot Record) Tools
- MBRWork : a utility to perform some common and uncommon MBR functions.
- MBR Tool : backup, verify, restore, edit, refresh, remove, display, re-write…
- DiskMan4: all in one tool for cmos, bios, bootrecord and more.
- BootFix Utility: Run this utility if you get ‘Invalid system disk’.
- MBR SAVE / RESTORE 2.1: BootSave and BootRest tools to save / restore MBR.
- Boot Partition : add Partition in the Windows NT/2000/XP Multi-boot loader.
- Partition Table Doctor : a tool to repair/modify mbr, bootsector, partition table.
- Smart Boot Manager : a multi boot manager.
- Bootmagic : This tool is for multi boot operating systems.
- MBRWizard : Directly update and modify the MBR (Master Boot Record).
BIOS / CMOS Tools
- CMOS : CMOS Save / Restore Tool.
- BIOS Cracker : BIOS password remover (cmospwd).
- BIOS Cracker : BIOS password remover (cmospwc).
- BIOS Utility : BIOS Informations, password, beep codes and more.
- BIOS : a powerfull utility for bios and cmos.
- DISKMAN: a powerful all in one utility.
- UniFlash : bios flash utility.
- Kill CMOS: a tiny utility to wipe cmos.
- Award DMI Configuration Utility : DMI Configuration utility for modifying/viewing the MIDF contents.
- Picture Viewer : Picture viewer for dos, supports more then 40 filetypes.
- QuickView Pro : movie viewer for dos, supports many format including divx.
- MpxPlay : a small Music Player for dos.
- Active Password Changer : To Reset User Password on windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista (FAT/NTFS).
- Offline NT/2K/XP Password Changer: utility to reset windows nt/2000/xp administrator/user password.
- Registry Reanimator : Check and Restore structure of the Damaged Registry files of NT/2K/XP.
- NTPWD: utility to reset windows nt/2000/xp administrator/user password.
- Registry Viewer : Registry Viewer/Editor for Win9x/Me/NT/2K/XP.
- ATAPWD : Hard Disk Password Utility.
- TrueCrypt : On-the-fly disk encryption tool, can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk, can also encrypt an entire HDD/Partition/USB Drive.
- Content Advisor Password Remover : It Removes Content Advisor Password from Internet Explorer.
- Password Renew : Utility to (re)set windows passwords.
- WindowsGate : Enables/Disables Windows logon password validation.
- WinKeyFinder : Allows you to View and Change Windows XP/2003 Product Keys, backup and restore activation related files, backup Microsoft Office 97, 2000 SP2, XP/2003 keys etc.
- XP Key Reader : Can decode the XP-key on Local or Remote systems.
- ProduKey : Recovers lost the product key of your Windows/Office.
- Wireless Key View : Recovers all wireless network keys (WEP/WPA) stored in your computer by WZC.
- MessenPass : A password recovery tool that reveals the passwords of several instant messangers.
- Mail PassView : Recovers mail passwords of Outlook Express, MS Outlook, IncrediMail, Eudora, etc.Asterisk Logger : Reveal passwords hidden behind asterisk characters.
NTFS (FileSystems) Tools
- NTFS Dos Pro : To access ntfs partitions from Dos.
- NTFS 4 Dos : To access ntfs partitions from Dos.
- Paragon Mount Everything : To access NTFS, Ext2FS, Ext3FS partitions from dos.
- NTFS Dos : To access ntfs partitions from Dos.
- EditBINI : to Edit boot.ini on NTFS Partition.
Browsers / File Managers
- Volkov Commander : Dos File Manager with LongFileName/ntfs support (Similar to Norton Commander).
- Dos Command Center : Classic dos-based file manager.
- File Wizard : a file manager – colored files, drag and drop copy, move, delete etc.
- File Maven : an advanced Dos file manager with high speed PC-to-PC file transfers via serial or parallel cable.
- FastLynx : Dos file manager with Pc to Pc file transfer capability.
- LapLink : the smart way to transfer files and directories between PCs.
- Dos Navigator : Dos File Manager, Norton Commander clone but has much more features.
- Mini Windows : Can run from Ram Drive, with ntfs support, Added 7-Zip, Disk Defragmenter, Notepad / RichText Editor, Image Viewer, .avi .mpg .divx .xvid Movie Player, etc…
- Mini Windows : Portable Windows Xp that runs from CD/USB/Ram Drive, with Network and SATA support.
- 7-Zip : File Manager/Archiver Supports 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS formats.
- Opera Web Browser : One of the fastest, smallest and smartest full-featured web browser.
- Ghost Walker : utility that changes the security ID (SID) for Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
- DosCDroast beta : Dos CD Burning Tools.
- Universal TCP/IP Network : MSDOS Network Client to connect via TCP/IP to a Microsoft based network. The network can either be a peer-to-peer or a server based network, it contains 91 different network card drivers.
- NewSID : utility that changes the security ID (SID) for Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
- Registry Editor PE : Easy editing of remote registry hives and user profiles.
- Registry Restore Wizard : Restores a corrupted system registry from Xp System Restore.
- USB CD-Rom Driver : Standard usb_cd.sys driver for cd drive.
- Universal USB Driver: Panasonic v2.20 ASPI Manager for USB mass storage.
- ASUSTeK USB Driver : ASUS USB CD-ROM Device Driver Version 1.00.
- SCSI Support: SCSI Drivers for Dos.
- SATA Support: SATA Driver (gcdrom.sys) and JMicron JMB361 (xcdrom.sys) for Dos.
- 1394 Firewire Support: 1394 Firewire Drivers for Dos.
- Interlnk support at COM1: To access another computer from COM port.
- Interlnk support at LPT1: To access another computer from LPT port.
- Several great dos tools, very good collection of dos utilities — extract.exe, pkzip.exe, pkunzip.exe, unrar.exe, rar.exe, ace.exe, lha.exe, gzip.exe, uharcd.exe, mouse.com, attrib.com, deltree.exe, xcopy.exe, diskcopy.com, imgExtrc.exe, undelete.com, edit.com, fdisk.exe, fdisk2.exe, fdisk3.exe, lf.exe, delpart.exe, wipe.com, zap.com, format.com, move.exe, more.com, find.exe, hex.exe, debug.exe, split.exe, mem.exe, mi.com, sys.com, smartdrv.exe, xmsdsk.exe, killer.exe, share.exe, scandisk.exe, scanreg.exe, guest.exe, doskey.exe, duse.exe, biosdtct.exe, setver.exe, intersvr.exe, interlnk.exe, loadlin.exe, lfndos.exe, doslfn.com
- SpaceMonger : keeping track of the free space on your computer.
- WinDirStat : a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Windows.
- CCleaner : Crap Cleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool.
- PageDfrg : System file Defragmenter For NT/2k/XP.
- NT Registry Optimizer : Registry Optimization for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista.
- DefragNT : This tool presents the user with many options for disk defragmenting.
- JkDefrag : Free disk defragment and optimize utility for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista.
- Process Tools: IB Process Manager 1.04 a little process manager for 9x/2k, shows dll info etc.
- Process Explorer : shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.
- Pocket KillBox : can be used to get rid of files that stubbornly refuse to allow you to delete them.
- Unlocker : This tool can delete file/folder when you get this message – Cannot delete file: Access is denied, The file is in use by another program etc.
- CurrPorts : displays the list of all currently opened TCP and UDP ports on your computer.
- Autoruns : Displays All the entries from startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys, Explorer shell extensions,toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, Scheduled Tasks, Winsock, LSA Providers, Remove Drivers and much more which helps to remove nasty spyware/adware and viruses.
- Silent Runners Revision : A free script that helps detect spyware, malware and adware in the startup process.
- Startup Control Panel : a tool to edit startup programs.
- Startup Monitor : it notifies you when any program registers itself to run at system startup.
- HijackThis : a general homepage hijackers detector and remover and more.
- Dial a Fix : Fix errors and problems with COM/ActiveX object errors and missing registry entries, Automatic Updates, SSL, HTTPS, and Cryptography service (signing/verification) issues, Reinstall internet explorer etc. comes with the policy scanner.
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker : A TweakUI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows Vista.
- TweakUI : This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows Xp.
- Xp-AntiSpy : it tweaks some Windows XP functions, and disables some unneeded Windows services quickly.
- Shell Extensions Manager (ShellExView) : An excellent tool to View and Manage all installed Context-menu/Shell extensions.
- EzPcFix : Helpful tool when trying to remove viruses, spyware, and malware.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool : Free on-demand virus scanner from Kaspersky Lab to remove viruses.
- Spybot – Search & Destroy : Application to scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware : anti-malware application that can thoroughly remove even the most advanced malware.
- SpywareBlaster : Prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
- SmitFraudFix : This removes Some of the popular Desktop Hijack malware.
- ComboFix : Designed to cleanup malware infections and restore settings modified by malware.
- CWShredder : Popular CoolWebSearch Trojan Remover tool.
- RootkitRevealer : Rootkit Revealer is an advanced patent-pending root kit detection utility.
- SuperAntispyware (0906): Remove Malware, Rootkits, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Parasites (a must have tool).
This collection of tools is reallyvery usefule but before downloading or using this please note that some of these are commercial application. And Hiren have not obtained Legal Permission / License before distributing them on his CD. SO before Downloading, using and sharing these applications please check the legal rules in your country.
Disclaimer – We are not providing any downlaod of these applicationa nd this post was only for informative purpose.
This Post Has One Comment
Nowadays it has become easier for people to become an ethical hacker as there are many
private institutions and colleges, who are offering full-time ethical hacking training, embedded system training, network security training and many more courses.
Serve email clients across the board: A SMTP server program makes allowance
for all distinguished email clients like Outlook, Gmail, Eudora,
etc. One crude yet highly successful method of slowing networks and taking websites down is the
DOS (denial of service) attack.